The connection between spending time in the great outdoors and healthy minds and bodies has long been made. Summer is the perfect time to get outdoors and play. Get outdoors . . . and feed your mind. Have some fun with math in an organic way. You might even win over a few kids who think they “don’t like math” with these cool ideas for incorporating it into your summer play:
Ways to have fun with Math this summer
· Use stones, acorns, or shells for math manipulatives
· Explore angles by creating squares, triangles and so-forth, with sticks
· Explore natural angles by going on a walk to take or draw pictures of right angles found in nature. Hint: look small, discover much!
· Find shapes in nature and catalogue them in a nature journal by creating a chart
· Enjoy chalk math games in the driveway or at the park
· Water balloon math: Draw a square grid or round target with several rows/rings. Write numbers intermittently around the target. Kids throw the water balloons at the target. Practice number
recognition, addition, multiplication or division.
From the homeschool community
“Even though my daughters have always done excellent in math, it has always been a source of stress in our home. The workbook method was becoming very boring and each day consisted of quite a bit of whining and complaining about not wanting to do math. I can honestly say that A+ TutorSoft has changed all of that. My daughters are now excited about math and actually ask to do math!”
3 month Special in honor of Summer
3 options to choose from:
- Monthly - $12 comprehensive program - no contract
- Quarterly - $10 per month
- Full Year - $124.99