*affiliate links present
For some parents, the thoughts of taking their child's math education into their own hands - is a frightening aspect of the homeschool endeavor. The good new is, it doesn't have to be!
With the resources available for today's homeschoolers and with a few good tricks of the trade, you can enjoy success and the security of knowing you are giving your children a foundation they can count on.
Sometimes, no matter how prepared you are - no matter how prepared you think you are - no matter how wonderful your curriculum may be . . . . . things just take a turn for the worst and suddenly - kids are crying, no one is cooperating and your family homeschool is taking a nose dive!
What to do when things are NOT going well?
If things aren't going well in your homeschool - step away from the books, leave the tears behind. It's time to RESET the TONE in your family homeschool.
A few ideas on how to make that happen:
- Head outdoors for the park
- Take a walk
- Bake cookies together
- Say a prayer
- Send everyone back to their rooms to take deep breaths & then come out to pretend it's a brand new day!
- Put on some praise or cheerful music
- Have everyone drop and do push-ups (make it silly and fun)
- Change subjects - if math is troubling you - go read a favorite book together
- Play a game - get out a board game (many of them are educational)
- Go pick some wildflowers
- Blow bubbles outside or dandelions
- Play hopscotch and sneak in some math drills
At that point - you can ALL get back to your homeschool with a whole new attitude!